An ancient form of hair removal where cotton thread is twisted then rolled over facial areas to remove unwanted hair. Threading is great for fine, downy hair, does not aggravate the skin so is perfect for sensitive skin. Fantastic for creating perfectly defined eyebrows as it allows for more precise, controlled shaping. Threading is great for fine facial hair, for example on the cheeks or chin and jawline.
The area is cleansed to remove any product or oils. The antibacterial coated cotton thread is then twisted and rolled across the skin to remove the unwanted hair in rows. This process is repeated until all the unwanted hair is removed. Hair can be removed from anywhere on the face. A soothing lotion is then applied.
Hints and Tips
- Hair must be at least half a centimeter in length before it can be successfully removed.
- It is important to understand that hair has a three stage growth cycle and not all hairs will be at the same stage at the same time. It is important to let as many hairs to grow through as possible for successful hair removal.
- I would advise leaving 4-6 weeks between threading appointments
- Slight redness is a perfectly normal and temporary reaction to threading. It should subside within 24-48hours. If you have any adverse reaction please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Threading is great if you have had any problems with eyebrow waxing in the past, such as burns, removal of skin or adverse reaction as it does not affect the skin at all.
Home care and Aftercare Advice
Please follow this advice for 24-48hours after your threading treatment:
- Do not apply perfumed products such as moisturiser to the affected area.
- Do not apply makeup to the affected area
- Do not touch the area
- Do not have a hot shower or bath
- Do not get heat treatments such as sunbeds, sauna or steam.
- Do not go swimming or use a jacuzzi